Philippe Lejeune, owner of Chateau de Chambert, produces exceptional fine and elegants Cahors wines on this Grand Cru terroir. Let yourself be seduced by the historic cuvee of the largest biodynamic estate in the appellation. Let yourself be seduced by the historic cuvee of the largest biodynamic estate in the appellation. Merlot gives this wine suppleness and red fruit expression in its youth, while Malbec prolongs its ageing potential and brings its spicy components and red and black fruits.
- Soil: Hard, white limestone bed rock scattered with a shallow top soil of chalk-like clay.
- Grape varieties: Malbec, Merlot
- Vinification: Separation of vineyard parcels into unique tanks/lot. Natural Fermentation (25-30°C).
- A combination of pump-overs and plunging. Total time on skins: 25 days. Pneumatic press. Free-run and pressings separated.
- Maturation: 12 months in 2nd and 3rd fill French oak barrels.
- Tasting Notes: Charming wine, bursting in aromas of red berry fruit, ripe plum and blackberries. The vibrant and lifted fruit forward palate finishes beautifully with soft, velvety tannins.
- Serving: Serve at 18°C
- Food pairings: This wine is perfect to be served with red meats or cheese.