Movit - Wireless wearable rebound analysis system
Movit is a wireless wearable rebound analysis system based on inertial technology.
It is reliable and easy to use in any location. Thanks to the wireless connection the subject is free to move and it is possible to analyze a jump in the most natural environment.
One of the strengths of the system is the possibility of record session with a synchronized web cam to display data in correspondence with video.
Movit software shows in real time the video, the data recorded by the sensors, maximum and minimum vertical acceleration and a percentage information of the dominant side during the session.
At the end of recording it is possible to review the session via graphics synchronized with the video and analyze areas of interest by setting marker in an intuitive and simple way, in order to obtain reports for each selected area and a global report.
Movit provides results in real time and an accurate report of the entire session and of the selected areas in order to analyze a single or a series of jumps.
The report returns all the parameters:
- Maximum Vertical Acceleration: maximum value of the vertical acceleration recorded during the session. It corresponds to the point of the takeoff and the beginning of the flight phase.
- Minimum Vertical Acceleration: minimum value of the vertical acceleration recorded during the session. It corresponds to the point of the beginning of the landing phase.
- Dominant Side: index relation to the dominance of the leg. It corresponds to the body slope during the jump.
- Motor Control: index relating to the movements made in the perpendicular direction to the vertical one. It corresponds to the effectiveness of the jump, indicates how much movement is distributed in the antero-posterior and medio-lateral axis.
- Global Activity Index: index relating to the activity accomplished during session. It corresponds to the energy used to make jump.
- Frontal Activity Index: index relating to the activity accomplished during session in the frontal plane. It corresponds to the wasted energy in the antero-posterior direction.
- Lateral Activity Index: index relating to the actitiy accomplished during session in the lateral plane. It corresponds to the wasted energy in the medio-lateral direction.
- Vertical Activity Index: index relating to the activity accomplished during session in the vertical plane. It corresponds to the wasted energy in the vertical direction.
Movit is an intuitive and reliable system for jumping analysis. It is the result of a careful research concerning the most important parameters used in clinical and sports environment.