Ashifumi Takeyuki Life
Certified by the Techno Aid Association as Japan’s first “sitting walker”, this wooden welfare equipment is an exercise device that allows seniors to exercise and move their hip joint easily. Its ergonomically curved and semi-circle design also enables users to move their legs naturally without applying force, so they can exercise while watching the TV or reading to prevent fatigue and stress. The exercise tool helps users move their hip joints about 200 times a minute, promoting blood flow and lymphatic flow in the lower body, and is expected to have preventive effects against high blood pressure, coldness, swelling, forgetfulness, and locomotive syndrome. Help seniors get their muscles moving and stay healthy with this exercise equipment.
The Company’s Commitment to Wood
The company aims for the best when it comes to the product’s safety and usability. If the equipment is cast in metal, it will make a metallic noise and has a drawback of being heavy, and a plastic construction would likely be less durable, so wood was employed. Assuming that it will be used barefoot, wood is also comfortable and with just the right temperature for the feet. Through the cost will rise, the company chose to have their craftsmen craft it by hand. Each is carefully made with time and effort, so the product is filled with warmth, the producers’ feelings, and their support to help senior’s feet stay healthy for a long time.
- Certified as a welfare equipment by the Techno Aid Association as Japan's first "sitting walker”.
- Designed with a semicircle silhouette that allows the legs to move naturally without apply force.
- Features a minimalistic wooden construction that does not require electricity or motor.
- Allows users to exercise rhythmically.
- Let users move their hip joint for about 200 times per minute.
- Users can watch TV or read whilst exercising.
- Allows users to exercise without hassle, as they can just put it under their feet.
- Its easy and effortless design helps motivate users to exercise.
- Promotes blood flow and lymphatic flow in the lower body.
- Expected to have preventive effects against high blood pressure, coldness and swelling, forgetfulness, and locomotive syndrome (locomotive syndrome).
- Take about two months to complete.