- CCA provides quality carbon offset in the voluntary carbon market.
We only source carbon offset following internationally recognized standards such as:
- the Gold Standard (GS).
- Voluntary Carbon Standard (VCS).
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
- Climate, Community and Biodiversity (CCB).
CCA only provides carbon offset of the highest quality with specific attention to:
- Strong local co-benefits.
- Long term sustainability.
- Positive environmental impact.
Example of our carbon offset project:
- Afforestation and reforestation on degraded lands in northwest Sichuan, China.
- Standard: CDM, CCB (CER).
- Location: Sichuan province, China.
- This project involves afforestation and reforestation (AR) of mixed-use native forests in over 2,200 hectares of degraded lands helps reduce carbon emissions of around 460,603 tonnes during a 20 -year project period.
- It is situated adjacent to the precious nature reserves of NW Sichuan, which provide habitat for giant pandas, golden monkeys, many other rare and endangered animal and plant species.
- Its unique location in one of the world’s 34 biodiversity hot spots helps to reverse environmental degradation and soil erosion in the upper Yangtze River regions.
- As the world’s first forestation project to have achieved both CDM and CCB validation, it also contributes to the post-earthquake (May 2008) redevelopment of impoverished mountain regions of northwest Sichuan, where many ethnic minorities live.