Design patent registration service:
- Accolade provides global design registration services in worldwide, and deals with various issues for our clients in the course of design registration.
What is design patent?
- A design refers to the new or original features of shape, configuration, pattern or ornament that are applied to an article. A design must be distinctive and give an article a unique appearance.
- Designs registered protect the visible features of shape, configuration, pattern or ornament applied to an article, by any industrial process, which appeal to the eye.
- Designs do not protect the functionality or operation of products. Protection for the way in which a product works may be available under patent law.
Benefits of registration of a design patent:
- A registered design can become a valuable business asset that can be bought, sold, transferred or licensed like any other property. Registration can make a design searchable by the public who may be potential licensees, stockists, investors or customers. A registered design can add value to a product and increase market awareness of your business, as the design is often what makes it attractive to the customers.
- Registration provides a stronger protection for your design and legal action can be taken if someone copies your design without your permission. This legal protection gives you the exclusive trade right to that design for a certain period of up to many years and improves the market competitiveness of your business.
Design patent classification:
- The 8th edition of the International Design Classification (IDC), issued by the World Intellectual Property Organization, classifies designs into 32 classes and 223 sub-classes.
Our services include:
- To apply for international design registration.
- To conduct design search and evaluation.
- To give advice on design registration.
- To file design application.
- To deal with the issues relating to the review, rejection, defense, revocation, opposition and dispute of design.
- To collect the certificate of design registration on behalf of the applicant.
Materials to be provided:
- A short descriptive title (not trade names) for the article or articles.
- Presentations of your design. Representations are line drawings or pictures showing different views of the article or articles, including perspective, front, back, left, right, top and bottom views.
- A brief statement of novelty focusing on any non-functional and visual features of the design.
- A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation or Business Registration Certificate or anything of similar nature which shows the name and address of the applicant.
- A priority document when priority is claimed. The document can be filed within 3 months after the filing date of the application.
- Power of Attorney (POA) letter as required by some countries/regions.
- We offer transparent fee schedule for our design patent registration service.