The Hong Kong AEO Programme
will encourage the industries to ensure integrity of their security practices when engaging in the supply chain. It also helps optimize the management of assets and functions within a company. While performing self-assessment during the initial stage of AEO application, individual companies are able to streamline their operations to achieve better output.
The integration of enhanced supply chain security and improved business performance is a major target of the Programme. Beyond security benefits, AEOs will enjoy other trade facilitation and advantages such as:-
- Less Customs inspection
- Prioritized Customs clearance
- Enhanced goodwill as a secure trader with industry "kitemark"
- Strengthened competitiveness and marketability
- Reduced stock loss, theft and pilferage
- Privileged benefits under an MRA
Through the cooperative endeavour of the government and the industries, the Programme will strengthen both the security and efficiency of legitimate trade.