SINA Weibo is a social networking and microblogging services platform. Designed for easy, frequent interactions and to expedite the sharing of information, the Weibo offers a microblogging and messaging platform and upgraded social network services. Users can connect anywhere, anytime and with anyone by accessing the platform via Weibo.com, Weibo.cn (WAP), partner websites, desktop and mobile applications on smartphones.
- In September 2011, Weibo upgraded its social networking features and improved its open-platform architecture to host third-party as well as internally developed applications.
- The open application programming interface (API) platform provides users access to a rich collection of both third party and internal developed applications.
- Users can stay connected, share interests and engage in activities privately with friends, colleagues and other acquaintances through a variety of social networking offerings.
- Weibo’s user base has expanded to include celebrities and KOLs, commercial entities, such as small and medium enterprises, fortune 1,000 companies, media firms, non-profit organizations and government entities.
- For more information about Weibo, please go to weibo.com