SSL certificates are small data files that digitally bind a cryptographic key to an organization’s details. When installed on a web server, it activates the padlock and the https protocol (over port 443) and allows secure connections from a web server to a browser. Typically, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins, and more recently is becoming the norm when securing browsing of social media sites.
- GlobalSign offers a range of SSL certificates with the strongest 2,048 bit encryption and value-added features to ensure your website is protected.
- Realization of data encryption and transmission of information between clients and servers to prevent information leakage.
- To ensure the information security of both sides.
- Through the server certificate validation whether the site is reliable.
- SSL types: OVSSL, DVSSL and EVSSL.