Please see our e brochure and our website: www.african-terroir.co.za for more information.
- Harvest information
- Type : hand and harvest machine
- Date : middle of February
- Yield : 10-12 tons/hectare
- Crushing : no crushing, very gently destalked
- Tanks : Stainless steel,
- Fermentation : 24 degree, until we reach 3 balling, 3 pumping over per day, oenoform rouge, 20g/hl, aged on staves for 4 month
- Malolactic : completed
- Fining : 2g/hl gerbinol
- Filtration : Kieselguhr FW60/14, FP3/1
- Stabilisation : cold -4degree, add 40g/hl of cream of tartar, mixing for 12 hours
- Alcohol : 13.5%
- Residual sugar : < 5g/L
- Packaging : 75cl bottles in boxes of 6, standing
- Wine description : Azania Pinotage is characterized by raspberries and sweet plum on the nose. On the palate these rich fruit characteristics are lightly complimented by vanilla and caramel aromas from medium toasted French oak. The well-balanced structure with soft ripe tannins culminates in a long, brilliant and smooth aftertaste.