This highlighted wine has a lovely and intense ruby-red color with a bouquet reminiscent of cherries, dried fruit, chocolateand prunes. On the palate it is full-bodied, soft and round, with a pleasant spiciness and an amazingly long andlingering finish.
- GRAPES: 60% Corvina, 40% Merlot
- VINEYARD AREA:The grapes are selected from low-yielding vineyards near the town of San Pietro in Cariano, in the province of Verona.
- AGE OF VINES: 30 years old.
- HARVEST: The grapes are carefully picked by hand in early October. Approximately 60% of the picked grapes are placed in small wooden crates of 5 kg each. The crates are then placed in the “fruttaio,” a well aerated loft, and are left there to dry at a controlled temperature and humidity until December. During this “appassimento” the grapes will lose up to 50% of their original weight in water, thus concentrating their color, substance and aromas.
- VINIFICATION:The grapes which are not dried are immediately vinified. After de-stemming, the grapes are not crushed, allowing them to remain intact, reducing damage to the skins and optimizing color extraction. Fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 25-26°C for 8-10 days.
- Frequent remontage and delestage are carried out in the early stages of fermentation in order to achieve soft extraction of aromas and gentle tannins. After racking, malolactic bacteria are added to induce a second fermentation. In late December the dried grapes are vinified. After de-stemming, the grapes are crushed and placed in stainless steel tanks, where selected yeasts are added. A very slow fermentation is initiated which will last approximately 30 days at a controlled temperature of 24°C.
- Here too frequent remontage and delestage are carried out in the early stages of fermentation in order to achieve soft extraction of aromas and gentle tannins. After racking, malolactic bacteria are added to induce a second fermentation.
- AGING: In early February the two wines are blended together. 50% of this blend is placed in first and second passage American and French barriques, where it will stay for 12 months.
- ALCOHOL: 14,5%
Other wines produced from Orion Winery:
Villa Marnia Chianti:
The wine has a lovely ruby-red color with a bouquet reminiscent of cherries, wild berries and prunes.
On the palate it is medium bodied, soft and smooth and bursting with deliciously gentle tannins.
E’1’00% Montepulciano d’abruzzo DOC
: Deep ruby-red color, with aromas and flavors of blackberry, dark chocolate, coffee and pepper. The oak is amazingly well integrated, giving the wine a juicy, jammy flavour with a silky and long lasting finish.
Best when served with meats, game and strong cheeses. Due to its soft tannins it is also perfect on its own.
Primitivo I Varietali igt:
Bright ruby red with hints of purple, with a complex and elegant bouquet of cherries and wild berries. In the mouth it is full bodied, yet lush, smooth
and jammy, with a spicy and long lasting finish.
Settevigne Vino rosso italiano
: it is a blend of 7 traditional Italian grapes (Corvina, Primitivo, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Montepulciano, Aglianico, Sangiovese) to create a very special and unique Italian taste. Sette Vigne has a lovely and intense ruby-red color with a powerful bouquet reminiscent of red cherries, dried fruit,chocolate, coffee beans and prunes. On the palate it is full-bodied, soft and round, with a pleasant hint of spicinessand an amazingly long and lingering finish. A perfect accompaniment to red meats, game and strong cheeses.