H. von Gimborn GmbH
Mr. Peter Denneboom
In 1855, the company H. von Gimborn was founded as a chemical-pharmaceutical factory by pharmacist Heinrich von Gimborn. Initially, the company focused on producing pastes and tablets for human consumption – analogous to today's products for animals. Since 1965, when the company created the first lactose-reduced milk for rearing kittens, H. von Gimborn GmbH has been manufacturing the products at their factory in Emmerich am Rhein in the Lower Rhine region right on the Dutch border. Over time, the company expanded their focus to include dogs and therefor introduced the brand GimDog in the pet food snack sector alongside GimCat. Since 1997, H. von Gimborn has been using their accumulated knowledge of all things ‘cat’ to bring everything full circle and create cat litter from betonite, a naturally occurring clay found in Bavaria. Cat litter from the Biokat’s brand has ever since been made in their factory in Kelheim.