Suzy's Zoo was created by the award-winning American artist Ms. Suzy Spafford in the 1960's. It is called "Suzy's Zoo" because it was from the start a wide variety of different species of animals. The characters have ducks, bears, marmots, rabbits, turtles, porcupines, gooses, and many more. All of them are adorable, curious, and energetic. Suzy uses clean, bright natural colors and realistic shapes, creating a familiar-seeming and friendly universe in her artworks. The name "Suzy's Zoo" now refers to the collection of all the art and illustrations since it is formation.
- Suzy's Zoo was published the first time in 1968 as note cards, and then a few years as greeting cards, art prints, invitation cards, calendars, stickers, and over time, it grew to comprise an entire range of paper-based social expression products.
- Today, Suzy's Zoo is one of the major licensed brands in the U.S.A, U.K, and Japan.
- It is a brand for all demographics: from babies to grandparents.
- There are over 100 licensees and 2000 products currently on sale worldwide.
- Best selling items includes plush toys, baby apparels, bedding items, towels, blankets, stationery, and more.