UL introduces the only dedicated power bank safety certification standard in the world. UL 2056 specifically addresses the global gap in safety standards for power banks, safeguarding consumers against bodily harm and property damage – protecting manufacturers from the risk of expensive recalls and damaged reputations.
Certification testing includes:
- Electrical and mechanical testing to UL 2054 (portable household/commercial battery safety), modified to reflect safety issues and operating/application conditions specific to power banks
- Testing for power banks with integral photovoltaic (PV) cells as a power source
- Verification testing of the marked input current
- Verification testing of the marked capacity
- Susceptibility-to-abuse conditions:
Testing of power overload of output ports
Testing of flammability of integral PV cells (where applicable)
Through our worldwide network of expert engineers and state-of-the-art labs, UL employs computational modeling, factory and laboratory experiments, field data and materials science to help manufacturers ensure safety through the design, specifications, manufacturing and quality assurance processes.
Contact us at email@example.com now to get started on the certification process!