MIFARE Plus is the proven mainstream smart card product family compatible with MIFARE Classic in its backward compatible security level. It enables issuance of cards prior to making security upgrades in the infrastructure. After switching to Security Level 3, MIFARE Plus uses Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for authentication, data integrity protection and data encryption.
MIFARE Plus EV1 enables system operators to upgrade the security of a single application to certified, 128-bit AES- based security, by upgrading only relevant memory, at the same time operating non-security-relevant applications on existing Crypto1 infrastructure to minimize overall system cost.
Growing system application and memory needs are also covered by the support of EEPROM sizes of up to 4K. This support empowers system operators to add future applications as needed while relying on an established product standard.
The secure end-to-end channel communication capabilities of MIFARE Plus EV1 allow system operators to design new revenue streams by introducing services like over-the-air topups even for Crypto1 applications. These service offerings are based on secure end-to-end channel communication using AES for data encryption and integrity protection.
For easy integration with mobile devices and to ensure interoperability across industries, MIFARE Plus EV1 also supports the ISO/IEC 7816-4 standard in your choice of native or APDU commands.
- NXP - MIFARE Plus EV1 2K, 4-byte NUID
- ISO 7810 (ID-1)
- Full Color / Metallic Color
- 86mm x 54mm x 0.82mm
- Sector-wise security-level switching
- AES secure end-2-end channel
- AES secure channel authentication in SL1
- Transaction MAC
- ISO 7816-4 wrapping
- 2K or 4K EEPROM
- 128-bit AES security
- 7B UID and 4B NUID
- 70 pF versions for small form factors
- Common criteria EAL 5+ (targeted)
- ECC originality signature
- Fully ISO-compliant proximity check
- Fixed memory structure
- Security-level concept
- Backwards compatible to MIFARE Classic and MIFARE Plus EV0
- Direct commit personalization from SL0 to SL1 or SL3
- Communications speed up to 848 kbit/s
- Number of single write operations: 200,000 typical
- Public transport
- Access management
- University cards
- Electronic toll collection
- Car parking
- Backwards compatible to MIFARE Classic and MIFARE Plus
- Upgrade your choice of applications to 128-bit AES security
- Secure end-to-end communication channel for over-the-air services